[whatwg] Control over selection direction

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <ryosuke.niwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't like "top"/"bottom" because it seems to imply certain visual
> orientation. (e.g. I think RTL text in vertical writing mode flows bottom
> up). ?To make terms agnostic of text direction and writing mode, I'd prefer
> "forwards" / "backwards".

I don't know what "vertical writing mode" is.  RTL text flows bottom
to top if you turn it ninety degrees clockwise, and top to bottom if
you turn it counterclockwise, while LTR is the opposite.  But yeah, I
think we're all in violent agreement on this point.