[whatwg] Timed tracks: feedback compendium

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Philip J?genstedt <philipj at opera.com> wrote:
> If you need an intermediary format while editing, you can just use any
> syntax you like and have the editor treat it specially.

If I'd need to write my own parser to write an editor for it, that's
one thing--but I hope I wouldn't need to create yet another ad hoc
caption format, mirroring the features of this one, just to work
around a lack of inline comments.

The cue text already vaguely resembles HTML.  What about <!-- comments
-->?  It's universally understood, and doesn't require any new escape
mechanisms.

--
Glenn Maynard