[whatwg] Device Element

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> On 1/2/11 2:51 PM, Diego Perini wrote:
>>
>> Of course this require file security privileges
>> (security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy = true)
>
> You mean false.

Yes, need to set that to "false" to have those privileges.

> That option is there for testing purposes only. ?If you're asking users to
> change them, you're asking them to leave their browser exploitable. Please
> don't do that.

I am switching that bit on/off when I need it (and the RS232/USB
device is connected), I am not asking others to do it.

I hope this feature/capability does not disappear without alternatives
in next versions of Firefox (or next time I will just have to
shut-up).

Mostly I am looking for other browser to implement this serial access
like Firefox does, with security as one of the top objectives. This
also means limit what other plug-ins can currently do on user machines
! For example can Flash overcome this restriction and access the
devices through the "file:" protocol ?

--
Diego