[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

From: Kyle Simpson <getify@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:39:50 -0600
> But note that image loads very explicitly do NOT have HTTP semantics, last
> I checked.  In Gecko they coalesce very aggressively in a cache that sits
> in front of the network layer, including coalescing across documents, etc.
> This cache applies to both in-progress loads and completely loads (it's
> actually a cache of image objects).

This seems strange to me. Generated images (like in captchas, etc) have to
be common enough that the same semantics for "don't cache unless I say it's
ok" would apply somewhat equally to JS as images, right? What's the
reasoning that says that JS is more likely to be dynamically created (and
thus needs proper always-request semantics) where images do not have that
need?

--Kyle