[whatwg] File mode Database Storage

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:17:51 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya
<narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create a Quiz application. I am thinking to adopt on
> Client-only mode rather Client server based. On in other words, I want
> that
> student can share Quiz using pen-drive/disk-drive/attachment and just
> open
> in firefox/chrome. I am using HTML5 only. No place for any non-FOSS/close
> technology.
> May you please help that this is possible or not  ?
One option would be using IndexedDB, though its a bit low level.

Another option could be to use use WebSQL which basically uses sqlite.
Though the standard is in impasse, its still supported in Opera, and
webkit based browsers like chrome and safari. FF does not support it
though.

--
Shwetank Dixit
Web Evangelist,