[whatwg] Why are media event handlers defined on HTMLElement instead of HTMLMediaElement

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:54:54 +0100, David Flanagan
<david at davidflanagan.com> wrote:

> The draft specification defines 20+ medial event handler IDL attributes
> on HTMLElement.  These events are non-bubbling and are always targeted
> at <audio> and <video> tags, so I wonder if they wouldn't be better
> defined on HTMLMediaElement instead.

All event handler attributes are defined on HTMLElement regardless of
which kind of element they are fired on, because it's simpler to implement
this way, and is already implemented this way.

--
Philip J?genstedt
Core Developer