[whatwg] Cryptographically strong random numbers

From: Cedric Vivier <cedricv@neonux.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:08:54 +0800
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 04:40, Adam Barth <w3c at adambarth.com> wrote:
>> Is there a specific reason for this limitation?
>> Imho it should throw only for Float32Array and Float64Array since
>> unbounded random floating numbers does not really make sense
>> (including because of NaN and +inf -inf).
> (...)
> I went with a whitelist approach. ?If there are other specific types
> that you think we should whitelist, we can certainly do that. ?Why
> types, specifically, would you like to see supported?

All integer types can have use cases imo so there is no reason to
impose an articifial limitation [1] except for sanity-checking (floats
does not make sense here), ie:
Int8Array, UInt8Array, Int16Array, UInt16Array, Int32Array, UInt32Array

Regards,

[1] : artificial because typed arrays can be 'casted' anyways.