[whatwg] Fixing undo on the Web - UndoManager and Transaction

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have updated my document on http://rniwa.com/editing/undomanager.html to
> address all responses I've got so far.

Hmm.. what changes did you make to the document? I still see
UndoManager.replace in there. I still haven't heard any use cases that
won't be solved better with a beforeEditingAction event (and solved ok
simply using the undo() function until we have a beforeEditingAction
standardized).

Likewise I still haven't heard of any examples where the apply
function isn't simply init+reapply. So it still seems better to me to
have a init/apply/unapply split rather than a apply/reapply/unapply
split.

/ Jonas