[whatwg] WebVTT feedback (was Re: Video feedback)

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:52:46 +1000
OK, I'll just keep adding feedback to this thread. This is feedback
from the Webkit team about implementing WebVTT support.

1. White space between cue settings

It seems that where we have specified how to parse the cue settings,
we only allow a single white space as separator between subsequent cue
settings:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/webvtt.html#parse-the-webvtt-settings

Thus, something like this is allowed: "D:vertical A:middle"
but not something like this: "D:vertical         A:middle".

I think we need to add a skip white space in step three.

2. cue order parsing

While the syntax spec says "The time represented by this WebVTT
timestamp must be greater than or equal to the start time offsets of
all previous cues in the file." , there is no step in the parse that
will ascertain that cues that come our of time are dropped on the
floor. Do we need to include such a requirement before step 40 of the
parser?

Cheers,
Silvia.