[whatwg] Proposal for a tab visibility API

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:40:04 +0000 (UTC)

Back in December there was a discussion about a tab visibility API.

I haven't added this feature to the HTML specification at this time, for
a couple of reasons: first, it seems like something we'd really want to
have implementation experience before deciding on a specific API, and
second, it seems like something that belongs more in the CSSOM API spec
than in the primarily media-independent HTML spec.

I have saved all the feedback on the topic in case anyone is interested in
working on a specification for this.