[whatwg] microformats, microdata, and custom data attributes

From: Justin Karneges <justin@affinix.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:24:33 -0700
On Tuesday 19 April 2011 03:27:30 Rob Crowther wrote:
> Justin Karneges wrote:
> > Given that it is meant primarily as a data exchange protocol, explicit is
> > better, so I'm preferring Microdata instead of Microformats here.
>
> The strength of the Microformats community is in helping to define the
> vocabulary, that's a different issue from the format you'll use to
> represent it.

Ah, I simply assumed these were two competing approaches.  Does this mean
Microdata has no community behind it to work on vocabulary?

In any case, I think the Person object defined by data-vocabulary.org should
work for my purposes.  But, if I feel the need to invent something new, I can
propose it to the Microformats community first if that's the right process.  I
am quite new to these communities.

Thanks,
Justin