[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:28:18 -0400
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Eric Uhrhane <ericu at google.com> wrote:

> Folks did propose making FileSaver do this at TPAC, but we haven't
> gotten around to hashing out the details yet.  The idea was that
> FileSaver would take a URL instead of a Blob, and thus could also be
> used for downloading arbitrary links.

I missed that API; I like that approach.  <a href=url
onclick="if("FileSaver" in window) { new FileSaver(this.href); return false;
}">

By the way, FileSaver's constructor doesn't take a filename hint as an
argument.  I think that's important, since non-File Blobs don't have an
associated name.

--
Glenn Maynard