[whatwg] Styling <details>

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 22:30:43 +0300
Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> <details> is definitely something we want to make fully
> author-stylable.

I don?t. Who?s this ?we? you are talking about, and why do they want to make
<details> author-stylable even before a single browser has _any_ support to
the element, at the functional level?

>> Why should we use list-style-type for something that clearly ain?t
>> no list?
>
> Because it appears that the disclosure triangle wants to have the same
> behavior that ::marker does.

Does it? Why do you imply the visual concept of a ?disclosure triangle?, and
how does that relate to the behavior proposed for ?::marker? in some draft?

> Don't be misled by the name - all that
> list-style-type does is help construct the default value for 'content'
> on ::marker.  It has nothing to do with things that are semantically
> lists, per se.

I know that many CSS property names are misleading. But list-style-type, as
defined in published CSS recommendations, isn?t bound to any ?::marker?.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/