[whatwg] Styling <details>

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:19:09 -0700
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:
> If we use 'list-style-type', it seems reasonable to at least agree on a
> common list-style-type value. ?Existing list-style-type values in CSS do
> define applicable Unicode characters [1], which is why I suggested them.
>
> One option is to define that the list-style-type 'disclosure-*' as magic
> values that mean to render a UA specific/platform dependent widget. ?But
> that differs from all other list-style-type values and doesn't seem quite
> right.

This isn't quite true.  The three CSS2.1 bullet styles, for example,
are all different on at least one browser.  I've specced them
specially in Lists such that there is a recommended glyph but browsers
are free to use any graphic that's roughly similar.  I could easily
take a similar approach for the disclosure triangle.

~TJ