[whatwg] Styling <details>

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:23:18 +0200
On 04/07/2011 05:55 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Lachlan Hunt<lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au>  wrote:

>> 3. We'd like to get some feedback from web developers, and agreement from
>> other browser vendors, about exactly which glyphs are most appropriate to
>> use for these disclosure states.  We considered two alternatives, but we
>> think these three glyphs are the most appropriate.
>>
>> U+25B8 (?) BLACK RIGHT-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE
>> U+25C2 (?) BLACK LEFT-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE
>> U+25BE (?) BLACK DOWN-POINTING SMALL TRIANGLE
>
> Yup, looks good.

FWIW I don't think we need cross-browser agreement here. In particular I
think browsers should be free to implement <details> using a
platform-native disclose widget if they like. These are not all alike
e.g. OSX uses something like ?, Windows something like [+] (I think?)
and Gnome (at least with the skin I have) something like ?.