[whatwg] Question about "certain cases" for popstate event

From: Rafał Miłecki <zajec5@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:03:12 +0200
Hello,

There is part of the spec that do not see too obvious for me. Could
you help me with that?

6.5.9.1 says:
> The popstate event is fired in certain cases when navigating to a session history entry.
Where can I find definition of that "certain cases"?

Google Chrome 10 seems to fire popstate even if I open totally new page.
Firefox 4 seems to fire event only on going back/forward
MDC says [1] event should be fired on *every* change of active history entry

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.onpopstate
("A popstate event is dispatched to the window every time the active
history entry changes.")

Which version is correct then?

--
Rafa?