[whatwg] Stream API feedback

On 15 September 2010 09:26, Nicklas Sandgren
<nicklas.sandgren at ericsson.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A typical video chat application would contain some view finder code
> similar to
> the example in the Working Draft document:

On a related note, another requirement for a view finder window in a chat
application would be to horizontally flip the  self view video stream, so
the user sees a mirror image. I'm not sure where this might fit in the
proposed APIs.
Further, it could be useful to provide a way to query the video source as to
whether the camera is oriented relative to the screen (if the underlying
system knows; consider a phone device with both a main camera and self-view
camera). This is needed to drive the decision on whether to do this
horizontal flip or not. In fact, such an application may want to somehow
indicate a preference for the self-view camera when multiple cameras are
present in the selection list. c.f. a movie-making app which would prefer
the outward facing camera