[whatwg] Timed tracks: feedback compendium

From: Odin Omdal Hørthe <odin.omdal@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:17:13 +0200
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Philip J?genstedt <philipj at opera.com> wrote:
> Right. If we must have comments I think I'd prefer /* ... */ since both CSS
> and JavaScript have it, and I can't see that single-line comments will be
> easier from a parser perspective.

Just a small, personal subjective opinion.

I'm quite frustrated that CSS doesn't support //, because it makes
quickly disabling portions of the CSS to check how that looks much,
much harder and more time consuming. Also, // is much faster than /
and then hunting for *.

Strange how such small, non-important things in the end get very
frustrating because it's so much used.

So although it might not be easier from a parser perspective, it's at
least easier for authors. (depending on what you use comments for, but
I'd take a wild guess that most comments in WebSRT would be
single-line)

--
Beste helsing,
Odin H?rthe Omdal <odin.omdal at gmail.com>