[whatwg] Pressure API?

From: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:47:32 +0200
Jens M?ller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that device orientation, geolocation, camera etc. have been spec'ed:
> Is there any intent to provide an API for pressure sensors?
>
> This might well be the next hip feature in smartphones ...
>
> Oh, and while we are at it: Humidity probably belongs to the same group.

Could this be modeled as an extension [1] to the System Info API [2]?

This spec is still at the working draft phase. Perhaps renaming it to
'Generic Sensors API' and removing a whole bunch of the sensors included
in there at the moment would be appropriate.

Getting and monitoring pressure and humidity within that framework would
work.

- Rich

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/system-info-api/#extensibility
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/system-info-api