[whatwg] Can we deprecate alert(), confirm(), prompt() ?

Am 25.11.2010 13:21 schrieb Biju:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 3:41 AM, ash at ashleysheridan.co.uk
> <ash at ashleysheridan.co.uk>  wrote:
>> Modal dialogues have a very special purpose, which works consistently across
>> various browsers in that we can program in with javascript some very
>> specific responses. What would happen if someone came to your site with a
>> speech/Braille browser? How would they know your pretty js lib built
>
> That is a valid point. But how many good sites use
> alert/confirm/prompt for every thing. So all those case speech/Braille
> browser have problem to deal with.
> If we want use that feature the web site need to code their site for
> speech/Braille browser. If that is the case we could achieve same
> thing with HTML.

Maybe, instead of your original suggestion, it might be worth thinking
about making alert()/confirm()/prompt() dialogs styleable via CSS? Then
those fancy JS lib dialogs would get obsolete, and we had the favour of
both nice look and support for the special purposes of those dialogs.