[whatwg] classList should perhaps move from HTMLElement to Element

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> On 11/23/10 2:02 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>
>> So if I set Element.className on an element that is not in a namespace
>> and has no attributes. Its attributes collection remains empty or
>> something?
>
> Hmm. ?I would think this should throw (since this won't do what you expect;
> e.g. CSS selectors and getElemetsByClassName won't start matching it).

I agree that unless we get other groups in on this change, and get
things like SVG cross-references and CSS styling reacting to these id
and class-list changes, then we're just making things more confusing
by making the DOM pretend that the class changed, when no other
systems agree.

/ Jonas