[whatwg] Processing the zoom level - MS extensions to window.screen

On 11/21/10 4:12 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com
> <mailto:chuck at jumis.com>> wrote:
>
>     Rob: Mobile deployments using dpiPixelRatio (as has been adopted
>     by Moz and Webkit) and target-DpiDensity work well on the mobile,
>     they are not hooked to zoom on the desktop,
>

> It is in Firefox.
>
>     and they were not designed for desktop-style zoom. Trying to
>     overload these variables leads to difficulties between the various
>     mobile style zooms and desktop zoom.
>

> I'm not sure why. Device-pixel-ratio should give you the ratio of
> device pixels to CSS pixels, full stop. You can use matchMedium to use
> it from JS.

I'll give it a run. I'm not up on the 4.x branch.

I would point out that the MS proposal has an independent X and Y
scaling mechanism.

I believe that dpi ratio is simply set to "2" (or .5... sorry a bit
rusty) on the iOS 4 retina display.