[whatwg] [ogg-dev] HTML5 audio tag

Yeah, the track attribute of the media fragments specification that
Ralph links will in theory allow to just download the track-related
data. But it still requires implementation - either in the browser,
which will somehow need to identify which bytes belong to which track
and just request those byte ranges that are relevant, or on the
server, which will only deliver the relevant bytes when asked for the
audio track only.

None of this is implemented yet. In fact, the discovery of which bytes
in a Ogg stream belong to which track is a challenge. I am not sure
whether the new Skeleton Index format might actually allow for that...

Cheers,
Silvia.