[whatwg] New File attributes creationDate, modificationDate and size

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay at helsinki.fi> wrote:
> On 5/11/10 11:43 AM, J Ross Nicoll wrote:
>>
>> Looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-FileAPI-20091117/#dfn-file
>
> Note, discussion about FileAPI should happen in WebApps WG mailing list.
>

>> There doesn't appear to be anyway of retrieving creation date,
>> modification date or size of the file.
>
> You can get the size from Blob. And File extends Blob.

Indeed. A progress bar is implementable using the features already
specced in File and FileReader.

As for the creationDate and modificationDate, this seems ok to me. I'm
as always somewhat concerned about privacy, but I think on the whole
it would be ok.

/ Jonas