[whatwg] Input color state: type mismatch

On 03/29/2010 10:38 AM, TAMURA, Kent wrote:
>> By the way, it looks like WebKit has implemented type mismatch for color
>> state [1] [2].
>
> Yes.  That's because the type=color implementation of WebKit is just a
> text field for now.  Users can specify invalid strings.
> When we complete the implementation of dedicated UI and value
> sanitization, typeMismatch won't be true.

I understand this is because there is only a simple text field for now
but in a general matter, having typeMismatch for the color state would
be fine because the UI is optional and we can easily imagine UA not
adding an UI.
I was not saying WebKit did wrong but the opposite ;)

--
Mounir