[whatwg] Video Tag Proposal

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Aaron Franco <aaron at ngrinder.com> wrote:
> I can see how it is counter productive in the creation of the specification,
> but the fact that such licensing is being considered for what is supposed to
> be "open & free" is counter productive to the advancement of web
> technologies. I feel we cannot allow companies like Microsoft and Apple to
> take advantage of such patents. Allowing the H.264 to be a part of the spec
> without it being royalty free only gives those corporations more control
[snip]

Ah!

Now I understand.   H.264 is not under consideration as part of spec,
and I don't believe that anyone has ever even tendered a serious
proposal that it be considered as part of the specification for
exactly the reasons that you've enumerated.

It wasn't clear to me that you were unaware of this, I thought you
were attempting to propose a way? though, sadly, an unworkable one? in
which it could be considered.

Cheers!