[whatwg] window.print() when printing is not supported

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Ian Hickson<ian at hixie.ch>  wrote:

> What could a Web page do that a browser couldn't do better in the same
> situation? (The browser could offer a PDF, so having the site offer a PDF
> when there's no printer doesn't seem like a good solution.)
One scenario could be mobile devices that really have nothing even
remotely comparable to a printing functionality. For those, it could
make sense to hide "print this page" links to provide more screen real
estate.

I admit though, that's a rather esoteric use case ...

Regards,
Philipp Serafin