[whatwg] WebSocket bufferedAmount includes overhead or not

On Mar 26, 2010, at 4:24 AM, Olli Pettay wrote:

> On 3/25/10 11:50 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>>
>> It seems that the consensus is now leaning towards changing the
>> spec again
>> to include the overhead,
> Well, what if the overhead isn't buffered? What if the implementation
> just buffers the bytes from send(), and writes the websocket
> protocol specific bytes to the socket when needed?
>
> And if bufferedAmount includes the overhead, it needs to be specified
> what bufferedAmount is during handshake.

I'm a little confused.  I sent out a rather long reply that no one
replied to.  Did it get put into everyone's spam bucket?

There is no way that someone could even define "the protocol
overhead"... what does that mean?  There are layers of protocols.

Perry