[whatwg] Serialization of boolean content attributes

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org> wrote:

> 18.06.2010, ? 11:01, Jonas Sicking ???????(?):
>
>> The fact that it's compatible with the web is definitely important,
>> though are you really worried that serializing as <option selected>
>> isn't compatible with the web?
>

> Did you mean <option selected="">?

I didn't, but the question applies equally to both. But it doesn't
really matter if there is not a concern of things being incompatible
with the web.

> There doesn't seem to be any good reason
> to have different HTML and XML serializations here.

I think HTML and XHTML serialization is doomed to be different in a
number of cases. Having them be the case here doesn't seem to add that
much value. Especially when it's at the cost of making the by far more
commonly used format gain extra complexity in order to be the same as
the rarely used format.

/ Jonas