[whatwg] audio and video: volume and muted as content attributes?

I don't think that is possible in the way that the volume attribute is
currently defined as a value between [0;1]. That is an orthogonal, but
still important question about the volume attribute then.

So, if you say 300%, I assume you mean 3 times louder than what the
track is given as? I do wonder how to do that with the current volume
attribute - right now the spec says that the default value set is 1.0
[1]. It seems that means we cannot amplify a quiet audio track but
have to rely on the user to turn up the volume on their computer? I
would actually prefer if the default setting was something like 0.5
and we could then turn the volume up or down in javascript or
preferably event through a content attribute as mentioned.

Cheers,
Silvia.

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/video.html#dom-media-volume