[whatwg] <video> application/octet-stream

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:26:20 +0200, Mike Shaver <mike.shaver at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Chris Double
> <chris.double at double.co.nz> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Mike Shaver <mike.shaver at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> ...I would probably suggest that the
>>> developers of said browser implement basic Ogg support (enough to say
>>> "this is Ogg, so we don't support it"), and go back to solving more
>>> pressing problems!
>>
>> Or the developers of said browser could obey the mime type that the
>> server sent,
>
> My understanding is that this isn't working out so well for us.

It would work quite well if Chrome wasn't about to ship WebM support while
ignoring the MIME type. Once they've done that, Firefox and Opera will
have a hard time keeping off the slippery slope.

--
Philip J?genstedt
Core Developer