[whatwg] postMessage's target origin argument can be a full URL in some implementations

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7/14/10 9:45 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
>> Personally, I think we should stop screwing with postMessage and let
>> it be a stable enough API that folks can rely upon it.
>
> Screwing with the spec, or with implementations? ?The spec, as currently
> written, is not compatible with the majority of shipped implementations....

The implementations were compatible with the spec when the
implementations were written, as far as I remember.  So, I'd prefer
that we didn't change APIs after shipping them unless necessary.  If
we keep changing shipping APIs, we'll exhaust early adopters, which is
bad for the ecosystem.

Adam