[whatwg] HTML Cookie API

From: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:20:00 -0800
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Diogo Resende <dresende at thinkdigital.pt>wrote:

> >         No. pushCookies would be a way of pushing cookies to the
> >         current js and
> >         then you could call getCookie several times without defining a
> >         callback.
> >         It would be almost like:
> >
> >                document.observe("cookieload", myAppLoad)
> >

> > Right.  My point was that you could implement pushCookies on top of
> > Adam's API.
> >

> > -Darin
>
> Agree. Just like you could implement Adam's API on top of current
> browsers cookies spec :P

No, I don't think that is possible.  Adam's spec reveals a lot of extra
information that "document.cookie" does not return.  For example, it exposes
domain and expiry information.

But, I think your point was that it would be possible to simulate an
asynchronous API on top of a synchronous one.  I agree that is possible, but
it would not perform very well.

Regards,
-Darin