[whatwg] Multiple file download

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Jose Fandos <iaminlondon at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > as far as I know, and I could be wrong, this would suffer from what I
>> > described in a), i.e. there would be a dialog propping up to accept each
>> > downloaded file.
>>
>> So wouldn't the solution simply be to modify this behaviour? I'm sure
>> one could write a patch for at least Firefox and Chrome to detect this
>> situation and ask for a destination for all files...
>
> It definitely would cover our needs, as long as everyone was using one of
> those browsers. Only benefit of it being part of the spec is that eventually
> it might be supported by every UA out there.

As a browser developer, I can tell you that I'm not more likely to
implement a certain UI just because it's spelled out in a spec.
Browsers implement things that are useful for its users, not because a
spec asks nicely.

File bugs on browsers. Talk to websites to start using this. If you
build it, they will come.

/ Jonas