[whatwg] script postonload

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
> On 2/10/10 2:44 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> ASYNC can be implemented in most browsers actually.
>
> Yes, I was pretty careful with my use of "in a cross-browser manner"... ;)

However even if Firefox (and maybe Opera) had behaved the same as
webkit/IE, I still think that the async attribute would have been
useful to implement as it allows websites to use a much cleaner
syntax.

Ultimately it all comes down to how common we think a use case is and
the cost of not supporting that use case directly, vs. cost of forever
expanding and supporting the addition to the platform.

I think it would be interesting to discuss resource downloading in a
bit more generic way. I.e. ways to postpone the download of certain
resources, prioritization of various resources, etc. That way we can
probably increase the number of use cases supported, without
significantly increasing the added complexity to the platform.

/ Jonas