[whatwg] api for fullscreen()

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Brian Campbell <lambda at continuation.org>wrote:

> I'm a bit concerned about when the fullscreen events and styles apply,
> though. If the page can tell whether or not the user has actually allowed it
> to enter fullscreen mode, it can refuse to display content until the user
> gives it permission to enter fullscreen mode. Or even if it's not refusing
> to display content, it may simply not scale the content up to the full
> window if the user neglects to give permission for full screen.

We could simply modify the proposal to apply the fullscreen pseudoclass (but
not fullscreen the window) if permission is denied. However, in general I
don't think we can prevent Web content from detecting that it is not
fullscreen. For example it could check whether the window size is one of a
set of common screen sizes.

Rob
53:5-6]