[whatwg] CSS canvas() function

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:16:34 -0800
> Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 13:39:35 -0500
> From: Boris Zbarsky<bzbarsky at MIT.EDU>
> To:whatwg at lists.whatwg.org
> Subject: Re: [whatwg] CSS canvas() function
>
> On 12/2/10 1:27 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
>> >  Is this one in specs somewhere?
> No, though there is ongoing work to create a way to have iframes outside
> the DOM that load documents.
>
> -Boris
It's my understanding that Chrome tackled this quite awhile ago, with
the intention
mainly, of making an iframe portable between documents: so that an
iframe may
be moved from a child to a parent:
window.parent.document.appendChild(iframe)

Is this a primary use case for that discussion, or is it more a matter of
setting a default iframe width height?

Glad the work is being done: where is it being done?