[whatwg] HTML6 Doctype

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:34:57 -0400
On 8/29/10 1:53 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> Most authors don't care about whether or not an implementation supports
> an entire, full specification; they just want to know "Can I use this
> feature in this browser?" So saying that all major implementations
> support much of CSS 2 to a high degree of correctness is useless for
> knowing if, say, the author can use display: run-in.

In particular because while there are implementations that claim to
support display: run-in trying to actually _use_ it leads to grief
quickly in most of them unless your page is static.

> In other words, the
> feature tables that you think are indicative of a problem are what web
> authors would actually use in real life.

What's sad is that there aren't really any good ones I've seen.  For
example, all the ones I've seen have a yes/no entry for
"display:run-in"... and then try to bin browsers into those bins.

-Bois