[whatwg] Have tabstrip / tab elements been discussed?

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 23:25:53 +0100
On 28 Aug 2010, at 06:10, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
> 1. nav is for navigation, but in a web app selecting a tab may nave nothing to do with "navigation", it may have to do with switching UI pages, which could potentially be considered "navigation".

I can't grok this sentence. You say it may have nothing to do with navigation, but then give an example of navigation. What's an example of a tablist tab that does not switch to (i.e. navigate to) a different tabpage?

> 2. Unless a list item can receive a selected attribute, then we would still have no method of presenting information about the selected tab through markup alone.  Commonly the selected tab is given a class such as "tab-selected" and this meaning is communicated through style alone.

So basically you want an HTML5 native equivalent of "aria-selected='true'"?

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria/complete#aria-selected

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis