[whatwg] Input URL State and Files object

  On 8/26/2010 7:53 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Charles Pritchard<chuck at jumis.com>  wrote:
>> Chrome has gone ahead with their setData proposal, enhancing the
>> event.dataTransfer
>> object so that users may drag a file from within the browser onto their
>> desktop.
> I would think that a same-origin check should always be performed. In
> firefox, the save-as dialog always displays the website you are
> downloading from. However with drag'n'drop no dialog will be shown and
> the user will presumably think he/she is downloading from the site
> where the drag started.
>
> Or are browsers planning on displaying the save-as dialog?

I think that save-as dialogs are implementation-specific.

For example, OS X-based prompts happen when you first open a file,
not when downloading.

The HTML 5 UI/UA permissions are built upon the idea that drag/drop
confers a similar permissibility to right click + context menu actions.