[whatwg] base64 entities

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:20:30 +0200
On 26.08.2010 22:10, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke at gmx.de>  wrote:
>> Not convinced. There's already one way to escape these things, and this is
>> supported in all UAs.
>
> Adam gave two examples of cases where htmlspecialchars() is
> insufficient, even if authors do use it.  This proposal is completely
> general and will work anywhere, even in<script>.  Is automated
> general escaping even possible right now in<script>  for text/html?

I have to admit that I'm not sure what's special about <script> here.
Are you saying that it's insufficient to escape all characters that have
a special meaning there?

Server-wise, how is introducing a new escape mechanism any better than
fixing the support code for the existing mechanism?

Best regards, Julian