[whatwg] atob/btoa need to be defined

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:00:11 -0400
On 8/25/10 10:04 PM, Kevin Benson wrote:
>     Of course I can't find any actual spec for atob/btoa.  I would think
>     it needs to be part of the Window spec, no?
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.atob
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.btoa

That's not a spec (unless you also consider CSS1 and HTML2 specs).
That's a vague tutorial.  For example, neither page mentions anything
about exceptions being thrown for some inputs (which from code
inspection I can assure you they are).  Neither page says anything about
how the encoding and decoding is actually performed, furthermore
("base64 encoding" does not have unique output for a given input, though
"base64 decoding" something that was "base64 encoded" will in fact give
the original data).

Seriously, this needs a spec.

-Boris