[whatwg] input type=ink proposal

On Aug 8, 2010, at 01:14, timeless wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>> Are there examples of sites working around the lack of this feature on the
>> Web today, e.g. using Flash or some such?
>
> Nordic banking sites use java for authorization, that's just for pins
> (imo it's stupid).

That doesn't seem at all relevant to me. Many Nordic banks work without any Java, ActiveX or NPAPI craziness. (I use three different banking services that work just fine with any vanilla browser without any plug-ins or extensions.)

The infamous Danske Bank applet was disassebled (http://kks.cabal.fi/SampoApplet), and it seems it's more about fingerprinting the user's computer than about anything remotely related to the type=ink proposal.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/