[whatwg] Proposal: Add HTMLElement.innerText

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:35:21 +0800
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:17:42 +0800, Mike Wilcox <mike at mikewilcox.net>
wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2010, at 7:53 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>>
>> Tables?
>
> TDs are inline and TRs act as line breaks.
>
>> Is there any documentation for how the serialization works?
>
> I'm just running the tests as you guys request them. I'm not sure if or
> how well this feature is spec'd out.

Indeed, this thread began with a *request* to spec this out. From which
one might assume that there isn't a clear public spec, just some
implementations with at least some interoperability - suggesting the
feature was deemed useful enough to copy, and try to get it about right.
Which makes a pretty good starting point for deciding to spec it properly
and make tests so we can ensure interop, no?

cheers

Chaals

     je parle fran?ais -- hablo espa?ol -- jeg l?rer norsk