[whatwg] Canvas feedback (various threads)

On 8/11/10 5:42 PM, David Flanagan wrote:
> I think that the sentence "The transformations must be performed in
> reverse order" is sufficient to remove the ambiguity in multiplication
> order.

It is?  It sounds pretty confusing to me... reverse from what?

The right way to specify what happens when composing two transformations
is to just explicitly say which transformation is applied first, instead
of talking about the algebraic operations on the matrix representations.
  In my opinion.

> must set the current transformation matrix to the matrix obtained by
> postmultiplying the current transformation matrix with this matrix:
>
> a c e
> b d f
> 0 0 1

See, that makes inherent assumptions about row vs column vectors that
aren't stated anywhere, right?

-Boris