[whatwg] Please consider adding a couple more datetime <input> types - type="year" and type="month-day"

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <ryosuke.niwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, that's what I meant. ?But to implement that, we need to know that
> certain text field is accepting "year", not a 4-digit number. ?Each UA can
> then implement a year picker suitable for its users.

Ah, I get it.  Then I agree, this is a valid reason to want a year
input.  I can't say whether it's good enough to add it to the spec,
given how many input types we have already and how little
implementation has been done so far, but it's a legitimate argument.