[whatwg] Please consider adding a couple more datetime <input> types - type="year" and type="month-day"

From: Ryosuke Niwa <ryosuke.niwa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:53:00 -0700
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> For simplicity, there should be exactly one format submitted to the server,
> so that the
> server doesn't have to implement every major calendar system on the
> off chance it has some user whose browser is configured to submit
> dates in the Thai solar calendar or something.  The browser is free to
> implement whatever UI it likes, though -- the Japanese version of a
> browser might accept Japanese eras for years, the Hebrew version might
> accept the Jewish calendar, whatever.

Right, that's what I meant.  But to implement that, we need to know that
certain text field is accepting "year", not a 4-digit number.  Each UA can
then implement a year picker suitable for its users.

Best,
Ryosuke