[whatwg] Please consider adding a couple more datetime<input> types - type=year and type=month-day

From: <jim@eatyourgreens.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 05:11:40 -0400
The V&A's collections search uses a dropdown menu to select BC/AD on the
date fields: http://collections.vam.ac.uk/

There is no standard way to do this so you'll find that each institution,
with a searchable historical collection online, has probably implemented
searching by year in its own fashion. I can see the value in agreeing on
some standardised way of entering historical years into forms.

Jim (National Maritime Museum/Royal Observatory Greenwich)