[whatwg] Non-blocking SVG Canvas?

> > Do you think there is a need for some clarification on this issue in the HTML5 specs?
>
> I think there's work on a clarification going on already in the CSS
> working group. See the thread starting with
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Jul/0428.html

I guess that would solve future issues... but it involves a new spec right?

My concern is that we get this specific HTML5-SVG interaction right now, so that SVG can be much more useful on regular websites in the very near future.  Since the problem area is Firefox, I thought maybe I could file a bug report and take care of this issue that way.  However, I am not clear on the specs and whether I should file a report.

According to here (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#SVGElement) pointer-events is a property of the svg tag.
According to here (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/interact.html#PointerEventsProperty) pointer-events is not a property of the svg tag since svg is not part of the graphical elements group.  In fact, this is what you said in another email.

So, does this actually mean a browser should not support pointer-events for the svg tag within a html document?  I was considering filing a report for Firefox about not supporting pointer-events:painted for the svg tag inside an html document.

P.S.  I know, I should probably switch to the implementations mailing list soon, but I just want to confirm a few things about the spec before I start doing testcases and bugreports. :)