[whatwg] Form Validity Ambiguity - patternMismatch

On Apr 20, 2010, at 6:16 AM, Mounir Lamouri wrote:

> Actually, if you are looking for something more normative (the table is
> non-normative), at the end of each input element states description, you
> can found the list of attributes which apply/don't apply. AFAIK, the
> attributes/methods never mention in which states they apply. I suppose
> it is to prevent mentioning things twice thus doubling the needed
> changes and the chances of incoherence/mistakes.

You're correct! Thanks for pointing out that section. I still think this could
be clarified. I feel that a majority of the time someone is going to read
patternMismatch and say "oh, I just need a pattern attribute" and not think
to check that the pattern attribute only applies to particular types.
Does anyone else agree or should this be left alone?

- Joe